TERMS OF REFERENCE
VIRTUAL TRAINING ON VALUE ADDITION TO GEMS AND JEWELLERY IN KENYA
The Association for Women in Extractives and Energy in Kenya (AWEIK) is an organization that provides women with opportunities for equitable professional and economic development within Kenya’s extractives industry. We awaken women’s potential in oil, gas and mining industries through lobbying, branding, member capacity development and business development services.
Women in the gemstone mining sector face challenges when it comes to market access mainly because they lack information relevant value addition techniques to increase demand and attract higher prices for their gems and jewellery. Towards this end, AWEIK shall undertake a virtual training on value addition to gems and jewellery in Kenya.
Scope of Work
The Facilititator will be required to hold a 3 day (flexibility to hold half day training on all days) virtual gemstones value addition training with a focus on value addition techniques in Gem Trade, Jewellery manufacturing, designing, stone setting, casting and plating.
- Be a holder of a degree or accredited certification on Gemology from a reputable institution.
- Be a local jeweler
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the whole gemstone value chain and industry (at least 5 years).
- Hold membership with a credible Jewellery Association
- Demonstrate knowledge of gemstone/ value addition equipment
- Good communication and training skills
If interested, please send a cover letter, CV and a technical concept note describing the process suggested (one page maximum) and a financial proposal including consultancy fees to [email protected] by close of business of 31st August 2020 Or use the form below to apply.