TERMS OF REFERENCE
RISK ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
The Association for Women in Extractives and Energy in Kenya (AWEIK) is an organization that provides women with opportunities for equitable professional and economic development within Kenya’s extractives industry. We awaken women’s potential in oil, gas and mining industries through lobbying, branding, member capacity development and business development services.
AWEIK recognises the importance of having strong and appropriate organisational, strategic and managerial structures in place to enable future expansion, sustainability and goal achievement. Risk assessment and management are a central part of this. AWEIK therefore wants to commission the undertaking of a risk assessment and development of a Risk Management Plan.
Scope of Work
In close coordination with AWEIK Secretariat and the Governing Committee, the Consultant will conduct a risk assessment and evaluation of risk management frameworks of the operations of the organization and the monitoring of compliance mechanisms.
Familiarisation with AWEIK and its existing programmes, including review of organisational current policy documents and meetings with key staff.
- Risk assessment:
- Review current Enterprise Risk Management policy framework, conduct a gap analysis against international best practices and advise on action plan to bridge the gaps;
- Conduct a strategic risk assessment on all operations of the Association
- Document the identified risks in a risk register; and
- Design and implement practical tools and techniques for risk management (key risk indicators, incident management, risk quantification, compliance, action point tracking and monitoring and reporting).
- Be a holder of a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related numerate discipline.
- Relevant professional certification in Audit or risk.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in conducting and facilitating similar risk assessment and management
- Demonstrable track record, knowledge and experience working with the various Boards in private and public institutions.
- Have excellent writing and research skills.
- Have excellent communication and project delivery skills.
If interested, please send a cover letter, CV and a technical concept note describing the process suggested (one page maximum) and a financial proposal including consultancy fees per day to: [email protected] by close of business 31st August 2020.