AWEIK in partnership with Kipya Africa Limited is implementing a Project to establish a framework of collaboration that will help improve the overall performance and sustainability of women in the energy and mining sectors in Kenya.
The scope of work includes:
- Training and Research in Upstream, Midstream and Downstream Petroleum
- Training and Research in the Large, Medium, Small Scale and Artisanal Mining (including; Responsible Mining)
- Occupational Safety, Health and Environment
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Field Studies, Reviews and Operational Audits
This is a step forward for the Association as it includes OSHE training as part of AWEIK’s signature programs especially for Artisanal Small Scale Miners from different counties in the country.
The partnership is a timely undertaking that will help improve the lives of women in the Extractives sector Value chain in Kenya.